Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Media Relations 

The City of Whitehorse strives to provide information to members of the media in a timely fashion that respects the print, radio and television deadlines.

For media inquiries please contact (867) 689-2848 or email 

Facebook googleplus  linkedin  Twitter  YouTube 


You can sign up for e-mail notifications from the City of Whitehorse, which includes News. Click here to sign up

Current and Archived News 

How To Report A Noise Infraction

Public Service Announcement

Post Date:05/01/2017

Whitehorse – City Council recently approved amendments to the Maintenance Bylaw regarding nuisance noise.

Nuisance noise is considered to be any unreasonable noise or sound which disturbs the quiet, rest, or comfort of any person in the community.

Residents are able to report any suspected noise infractions by calling Bylaw Services at 667-2111. Helpful information to provide includes:

  • your name, address, and phone number;
  • date and time frame the noise was created;
  • location of the noise;
  • the type of noise;
  • if it is a vehicle, the license plate number of the vehicle and a description.

For more information, contact David Pruden, Manager Bylaw Services at 668-8317 or 

To review the Maintenance Bylaw visit 



In 2016, Council heard concerns of noise in residential areas at town hall meetings. Council then directed administration to undertake a review of the noise provisions of the Maintenance Bylaw. As a part of the review process, Bylaw Services consulted with local businesses, Kwanlin Dün First Nation, and the Ta'an Kwächän Council.