Winter Route Maintenance
Winter maintenance is reviewed annually and passed by Council as the Snow and Ice Control Policy. The City currently removes snow from the following sections of multi-use paths:
- North-side of Two Mile Hill from Second Avenue to the Alaska Highway
- South side of Two Mile Hill from Second Avenue to Chilkoot Way, and from Range Rd to the Alaska Highway
- Both sides of the Robert Campbell Bridge (Riverdale Bridge)
- North side of Lewes Blvd. to Alsek Rd
- South side of Lewes Blvd. from Alsek Rd to Nisutlin Drive
- Riverfront Trail (from Riverdale Bridge to Spook Creek Station)
- Millennium Trail (entire loop)
Sidewalk sections adjacent to City property are also cleared by the City; all other sidewalks are the responsibility of adjacent business and residential property owners. The maps below shows the sidewalks and multi-use trail sections cleared by the City by neighbourhood:
The bike lanes on 4th Avenue are not specifically maintained during the winter and are often filled with snow and gravel. As an alternative, the City maintains 6th Avenue to Hanson, Hanson to 4th and then 4th Avenue to the RSW roundabout. The Riverfront Trail and the Millennium trails are also plowed and sanded throughout the winter. Please yield to pedestrians on multi-use trails, and use front and back lights.
The following trails are not cleared, but are packed by snow machine.
Transit stops are cleared on the following priority basis: