- Oct 2009: Staff analysis of Public input from Phases 1 and 2
- Nov 2009 to Jan 2010: Open workshops with Council to discuss potential changes for Draft One of 2010 OCP
- February 10, 2010: Draft One 2010 OCP released to the public (download via links below)
- April 1, 2010: End of public comment period on 2010 OCP Draft One
- May 17 2010: OCP Draft Two released (download via links below)
- May 25 2010: Council gave First Reading to the OCP Adoption Bylaw.
- June 28 2010: Council held a Public Hearing to hear input on the OCP. 30 people made comments, and 45 written submissions were received in advance.
- Aug 2, 2010: Administration presented the Public Hearing report to Council
- Aug 9, 2010: Council gave Second Reading to the OCP Adoption Bylaw. OCP was delivered the next day to the Minister of Community Services for a legislatively-required examination of the review process.
- September 30, 2010: The Minister of Community Services advised the City that no significant concerns were raised during his review of the OCP process.
- October 12, 2010: City Council gave Second and Third Reading to the OCP Adoption Bylaw, thereby repealing the 2002 OCP and adopting the 2010 OCP.
2010 OCP Draft One
The First Draft of the 2010 Official Community Plan was released for public review from February 10th to April 1st, 2010. 250 submissions were received from the public, stakeholders and Governments. 473 different individuals submitted their input. You can still download a copy of Draft One, and the "Explanation of Proposed Changes", a list of the 58 different changes proposed from the 2002 OCP.Explanation of Proposed Changes
Each policy change proposed in Draft 1 is coloured grey, and is cross-referenced to the 2002 OCP and the Explanation of Proposed Changes. Policies that remained unchanged since the 2002 OCP were not highlighted.
2010 OCP - Draft 1 Maps:
• All 2010 OCP Draft One Maps
• Map 1 - Greenspace Network Plan
• Map 2 - Area Land Use Designations
• Map 3 - Downtown Land Use Designations
• Map 4 - Downtown Riverfront Plan
• Map 5 - Urban Residential Growth Plan
• Map 6 - Land Tenure
• Map 7 - Proposed Park Areas
• Detail of Park Areas
Detailed Maps Showing Infill Sites on Map 5 - Urban Growth Strategy
Created for the 2010 Official Community Plan Draft 1 on March 3, 2010.
These maps are for information purposes only. No detailed planning work has been conducted. The illustrated subject area boundary is conceptual and meant to give a general indication of where potential infill housing may go. If and when detailed planning work is done, the subject area boundary may enlarge or shrink.Porter Creek
• 12th Avenue and Centennial Street
• 14th Avenue
• Boxwood Crescent
• Elm Street
• Pine Street
• Range Road
• Range Road and Mountain View Drive
• Tamarack Drive
• Boswell Crescent and Firth Road
• Grey Mountain School
• Lewes Boulevard and Nisutlin Drive
• Nisutlin Drive
Crestview• Rainbow Road and Klukshu Avenue
• 5th Avenue
Hillcrest• Sunset Drive North and Roundel Road
2010 OCP Draft Two
The Second Draft of the 2010 Official Community Plan was released on May 17 2010. A public comment period ran until June 28th, concluding with a Public Hearing. 35 written submissions were received from members of the public, 5 submissions were received from community associations, and 3 submissions were received from non-profit groups. 30 people spoke at the public hearing.
Explanation of Changes from Draft One to Draft Two
Council examined the public input and and came up with recommended changes to Draft Two of the OCP. These changes were then summarized for Council in the Public Hearing report which was presented at the Planning Committee meeting of August 2nd, 2010.
• Public Hearing Report
Council then adopted the changes as shown in the public hearing report into the OCP and gave it Second and Third Reading at the Council meeting of August 9th, 2010.