Draft Robert Service Way Planning Study
The draft Robert Service Way Planning Study is now available for public review. The 'what we heard' document detailing the consultation process is also available. Please click on the links below to download the PDFs:
The City will also be available to discuss the draft planning study the “Ideas Fair” happening at the Old Fire Hall this Wednesday January 31st and will be consulting on a variety of topics. Drop in anytime between 11am and 8pm to review hard copies of the planning study, or discuss with the City or our consultant Jane of All Trades.
Public comment will be accepted until February 28th. Comments can be emailed to email@example.com.
The Robert Service Way Planning Study Background Report is available for review:
- Background report (6 Mb PDF)
- Figure 1 - Base map
- Figure 2 - Zoning map
- Figure 3 - Development potential map
- Figure 4 - Archaeological potential map
- Figure 5 - Recreation map
The City has hired a consultant (Jane of All Trades Consulting) to undertake a planning study for the Robert Service Way area of Whitehorse. The subject area for this project generally stretches from Ear and Hobo Lakes to the Whitehorse International Airport and from the Alaska Highway to the Yukon River.
The objectives of the Robert Service Way Planning Study are to:
- Gather background information on ecology, geotechnical conditions, archeological resources, wildlife, and potential site contamination;
- Develop a vision for the future remediation and recreational use of the Ear and Hobo Lakes area;
- Explore development and servicing potential along the Alaska Highway and at the City snow dump; and
- Review the existing function and future of the ball diamond and campground area.
It is expected that a draft plan will be completed in the fall, at which time it will be available for public comment. The final reports prepared by Jane of All Trades Consulting will help inform the next OCP review, expected to begin in late 2017/early 2018.
Reports (by order of year completed):
- Chadburn Lake Park Management Plan (proposed final version, 2016)
- Whitehorse Sustainability Plan (2015)
- Schwatka Lake Area Plan (2015)
- Regional Parks Plan (2014)
- “Above the Airport” Trail Network Plan (2014)
- Zoning Bylaw (2012)
- Official Community Plan (2010)
- Trail Plan (2007)
- Parks and Recreation Master Plan (2007)
- Detailed Salmon Habitat Management Plan (2004)
- Water and Sewer Study (2003)
- Significant Wildlife Area Report (2000)
- Yukon River Corridor Plan (1999)
- Soil, Terrain, and Wetland Study (1997)
- South Access Area Development Scheme (1997) - only available in hardcopy
- South Access Development Plan (1991) - only available in hardcopy
Kinden Kosick, Planner, firstname.lastname@example.org, (867) 668-8348