- Keep your frost protection ON! Scroll down for details.
Who We Are
Water and Waste Services is responsible for:
- Water pumping and distribution
- Sanitary sewer system
- Storm drainage system
- Curbside compost and waste collection
- Whitehorse Waste Management Facility and Compost Facility
- Warehouse operations
The department operates primarily from the main floor of the Municipal Services Building at 4210 Fourth Avenue.
Monitor your pipesResidents are advised that noisy water pipes or sinking ground could be indications of a service break. Any concerns should be reported to 668-8350.
Please be advised to keep your water service frost protection on. Even though air temperatures are warming, the ground frost is still at 3m – 4m deep in most areas of town, at which services are most vulnerable to freezing. Please keep your frost protection on until you are advised to turn it off in mid-June.
Frost protection devices could include authorized free flowing bleeders, thermostatically controlled bleeders, circulating pumps, electrical impedance heat trace, and aqua flows.
Homeowners with aqua-flow devices are asked not to disconnect or use the device as a bleeder. Disconnection will result in plugging of the filters.
IMPORTANT: Make sure if you plan to be away for more than a day and you have a City-supplied Sentinel Thermostatically Controlled Bleeder, to put it on Vacation Mode.
- View the 2017-2018 Frost Depth chart here
- View the 2016-2017 chart here
- View the 2015-2016 chart here
- View the 2014-2015 chart here
- View the 2013-2014 chart here
- Further historical information is also available here
For more details, please call 668-8350 from 8 am to 5 pm Monday to Friday.