- Danger of frost has passed. Effective immediately, all frost protection devices should be turned off. Scroll down for details.
- Discharge announcement from August - November 2018; please scroll down for details.
Who We Are
Water and Waste Services is responsible for:
- Water pumping and distribution
- Sanitary sewer system
- Storm drainage system
- Curbside compost and waste collection
- Whitehorse Waste Management Facility and Compost Facility
- Warehouse operations
The department operates primarily from the main floor of the Municipal Services Building at 4210 Fourth Avenue.
Monitor your pipesResidents are advised that noisy water pipes or sinking ground could be indications of a service break. Any concerns should be reported to 668-8350.
Danger of frost has passed. Effective immediately, all frost protection devices should be turned off.
Your frost protection devices could include bleeders, heat trace tapes, transformers and aqua flows. Please note no action is required in residences with temperature control bleeders (TCB's).
- View the 2017-2018 Frost Depth chart here
- View the 2016-2017 chart here
- View the 2015-2016 chart here
- View the 2014-2015 chart here
- View the 2013-2014 chart here
- Further historical information is also available here
Livingstone Trail Environmental Control Facility – Long Term Storage Discharge
Discharge of treated wastewater from the Livingstone Trail Environmental Control Facility (LTECF) - Long Term Storage Pond into Pot Hole Lake will take place from August 1 to November 1, 2018, with an average flow of 38,400 cubic meters per day. This discharge is completed under the City’s Water License MN93-001-13.
For more details, please call 668-8350 from 8 am to 5 pm Monday to Friday.