The City of Whitehorse Waste Management Facility is located in the centre of the City, approximately six kilometres north of Downtown Whitehorse.
The site offers waste disposal, composting and recycling opportunities.
Examples of items which are accepted, subject to tipping fees, are:
- Residential garbage
- Wooden furniture
- Mattress/box spring
- Separated construction and demolition waste
- Residential yard waste in approved compostable bags
- E-waste such as computer, TV, fax machine
- Scrap metal
- Appliances such as fridge, stove, microwave
- Metal items such as BBQ, propane tank
Waste Management Facility Operating Hours:
- Weekdays - 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Weekends - 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Waste Management Facility closed Good Friday, Christmas Day and New Year's Day.
You can call
- 668-1621 during above facility open hours, or
- 668-8350 Monday to Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
For information on Waste Management from our Environmental Sustainability Department click here.