Casual Activity Monitor
$21-25 / hr
31/12/2013 11:55 PM
Casual (multiple positions) – no guarantee of hours
Hours of work are between Sunday to Saturday 0600 to 0100 based on a 35 hour work week
The incumbent provides general client services in the Canada Games Centre and client supervision primarily in the child play and fitness/wellness areas.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Grade 10
• Standard First Aid and CPR, Level C
• Class 5 Drivers’ License
• Customer service training
• Previous Experience -1 year child care, day camp, fitness and recreation programming and/or youth work
• Customer service, interpersonal and priority setting skills, safety conscious
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Ensures safe participation in Canada Games Centre programs and services.
2. Provides facility orientation and demonstrates appropriate usage of specific fitness equipment.
3. Answers or refers inquiries and distributes information.
4. Provides child care for client’s children while attending programs or accessing services.
5. Monitors daily participation and client registration, maintains statistics, prepares reports and purchases regular supplies.
6. Designs and leads recreational activities for children, teens, parents and facilitates and leads member and private booking activities.
7. Distributes, maintains and monitors equipment for drop in activities and scheduled events.
8. Assists in light custodial and maintenance duties.
9. Monitors parking lot, issues warning tickets and monitors Mt McIntyre in summer, checking facility before & after to ensure rental requirements are met.
Required To Operate Equipment Such As:
Office and communications equipment, Computer lighting system, Satellite radio system, Hydraulic basketball nets, Computer with applications such as Microsoft Office, Class, Quark Express and ERP, City vehicle.
An equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered.
This is a Salary Range 5 position ($21.95 to $25.83 per hour).
Interested candidates should forward applications/ resumes, clearly outlining how their experience and education meet the position requirements, to email@example.com - this is an ongoing competition. Please quote job posting #111-CGC-13.