The City of Whitehorse strives to provide information to members of the media in a timely fashion that respects the print, radio and television deadlines.
For media inquiries please contact (867) 689-2848 or email email@example.com
You can sign up for e-mail notifications from the City of Whitehorse, which includes News. Click here to sign up!
Current and Archived News
Prevent Blocking of Residential Curbside Waste and Organics Collection Carts
The City’s Water and Waste Department has noticed a higher than usual amount of curbside waste and organic waste carts being blocked by obstacles such as parked vehicles. Carts must have 1 metre of clearance on all sides from other carts and objects, including extra bagged yard waste and vehicles. Without this clearance, the City collection truck is unable to access a cart for content disposal.
- When placing your cart out to the curb, ensure it is at least 1 metre away, on all sides, from other carts and obstacles;
- When parking on City streets, especially Downtown, ensure you are 1 metre away from any cart set out to the curb for collection; and
- Carts without 1 metre of clearance on all sides will not be collected, and the owner of the eligible premises shall either:
- wait until the next collection; or
- be responsible for transportation and disposal of cart contents at the Waste Management Facility, including bearing all associated costs.
For more information about residential curbside waste and organics cart collection, please visit: www.whitehorse.ca/carts
City of Whitehorse