The City of Whitehorse strives to provide information to members of the media in a timely fashion that respects the print, radio and television deadlines.
For media inquiries please contact (867) 689-0515 or email email@example.com
You can sign up for e-mail notifications from the City of Whitehorse, which includes News. Click here to sign up!
Current and Archived News
Adjusted Meeting Measures
Whitehorse – A Special Meeting of Council was held yesterday afternoon to confirm the adoption of temporary meeting measures in light of COVID-19 developments.
Members of Council voted unanimously to adopt the following, temporary meeting measures until the public health emergency declared by the Chief Medical Officer of Health for the Yukon on March 16th, 2020 is rescinded, or until future directions issued by the Chief Medical Officer of Health otherwise permit:
- The public gallery in Council chambers at City Hall will be closed to the public.
- The Mayor or other presiding officer (e.g., Deputy Mayor, Reserve Deputy Mayor in the Mayor’s absence) will be present at the Council table to chair the meeting. Additional Council members will participate electronically (e.g., by teleconference).
- Staff and representatives of the media who are present in Council chambers will be expected to practice physical distancing measures as recommended by the Chief Medical Officer of Health. The Council chambers will be reconfigured and furnished to enable that to occur.
- Delegates are asked to provide their comments in writing ahead of the meeting. Their written submissions will be read into the record by a staff person. In the event a written submission takes longer than five minutes to read, staff may summarize that submission to five minutes.
- Public hearing or public input submissions may be submitted via email to PublicInput@whitehorse.ca. All submissions received at that address are received by Mayor and Council, will be posted on the City of Whitehorse website as they are received and will be summarized in a public hearing report to Council after the public hearing or public input session has been declared closed.
- The public will continue to be informed of the opportunities to watch the meetings via the City of Whitehorse website or on WHTV Cable Television Channel 209.
Manager, Strategic Communications