The City of Whitehorse strives to provide information to members of the media in a timely fashion that respects the print, radio and television deadlines.
For media inquiries please contact (867) 689-0515 or email email@example.com
You can sign up for e-mail notifications from the City of Whitehorse, which includes News. Click here to sign up!
Current and Archived News
Bagged Compost Sales Resume
Whitehorse – Bagged compost sales at the Whitehorse Waste Management Facility have resumed today.
Bagged compost can be purchased for $5 (20L bag).
In response to the COVID-19 public health emergency, compost sales were temporarily suspended in late March to reduce risks to the public and staff at the Whitehorse WMF.
The following new measures to the compost-sales process have been implemented to address these risks.
- Please pay with only credit card or debit, using the tap feature if possible.
- Please be patient while waiting for service.
- Please heed to posted signage and directions from Gatehouse operator.
- Please avoid making multiple trips to the WMF by hauling any waste to the transfer station during this one trip.
- Please remember:
- Physical distancing (2m / 6 ft) when possible
- Frequent cleaning of surfaces and items
- Properly executed hand hygiene
- Properly executed sneezing and coughing techniques
Bulk sales of compost will become available when our stockpiles have thawed sufficiently for the compost screening process to begin. Further information pertaining to bulk compost sales will be announced in early May.
When bulk compost sales resume, we will require customers to follow the above guidelines but will also require them to call ahead to place their order and schedule a time slot for pickup.
Contact Water and Waste Services: (867-668-8350)