The City of Whitehorse strives to provide information to members of the media in a timely fashion that respects the print, radio and television deadlines.
You can sign up for e-mail notifications from the City of Whitehorse, which includes News. Click here to sign up!
Current and Archived News
Yard Waste Collection Set to Resume
Whitehorse – The City of Whitehorse will resume the collection of extra yard waste bags on Monday, May 11.
Residents are asked to store any extra yard waste or bring it to the transfer station at the Whitehorse Waste Management Facility until collection resumes (regular tipping fees apply).
When setting yard waste bags out for pick-up, please ensure all bags are placed together and are at least one metre away from your green cart. Please remember to adhere to physical distancing measures, and fill your green cart before using yard waste bags!
We would like to remind residents that bagged compost sales have resumed and can be purchased for $5 (20L bag). Bulk sales of compost will become available mid-May and customers will be required to call Water and Waste Services at 668-8350 ahead to place their order and schedule a pick-up time.
Customers are asked to follow these guidelines:
- Please pay with only credit card or debit, using the tap feature if possible.
- Please be patient while waiting for service.
- Please heed to posted signage and directions from Gatehouse operator.
- Please avoid making multiple trips to the WMF by hauling any waste to the transfer station during this one trip.
- Please remember:
- Physical distancing (2m / 6 ft) when possible
- Frequent cleaning of surfaces and items
- Properly executed hand hygiene
- Properly executed sneezing and coughing techniques
We thank you for your patience and understanding as we adjust waste services during this public health emergency. Stay up to date on all the latest changes by visiting whitehorse.ca/covid19waste