The City of Whitehorse strives to provide information to members of the media in a timely fashion that respects the print, radio and television deadlines.
For media inquiries please contact (867) 689-0515 or email email@example.com
You can sign up for e-mail notifications from the City of Whitehorse, which includes News. Click here to sign up!
Current and Archived News
Whitehorse – Residents are advised that bagged compost is sold out at the Waste Management Facility (WMF), and bulk compost sales are delayed until the beginning of June.
Technical difficulties at the testing laboratory have led to delays in processing our samples. The City cannot sell compost until the results from the laboratory have returned.
We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.
Other waste updates:
- Recycling has resumed at Raven Recycling Society. P&M is accepting refundable beverage containers and cardboard only. The Whitehorse Waste Management Facility is currently accepting cardboard and mixed recycling.
- Spring Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) Days has been cancelled. Please store HHW in a safe, secure location until the fall event scheduled for Sept. 12th.
- Spring Clean - Up Days (May 21-25) will be held this week, as scheduled. Tipping fees on residential waste and yard waste are waived at the Waste Management Facility. Regular tipping fees apply on appliances, metals and all commercial waste loads.
- Bears are awake! Be bear aware. Learn how to secure waste from wildlife at: whitehorse.ca/wildlife
- When visiting the WMF, please remember:
- Pay with credit card or debit, if possible
- Please be patient while waiting for service
- Limit or combine trips to WMF if possible
- Physical distancing (2m / 6 ft)
- Practice proper hand hygiene
Contact Water and Waste Services: (867-668-8350)