Request for Inspection
Hard-surfacing and Landscaping Securities
The City collects securities (also referred to as deposits) at time of Development Permit approval to ensure that the required hard-surfacing and landscaping improvements are installed within a certain timeframe after completion of the building. When the required improvements are completed, the property owner may request an inspection, and if satisfactory, the City will return the security.
Please visit our hard-surfacing and landscaping requirements page for additional information on typical hard-surfacing and landscaping requirements for new developments.
For as-built securities, please submit your as-built or record drawings, stamped by the engineer of record, to [email protected]. As-built/record drawing securities are only collected for complex developments (i.e. multiple housing, commercial, industrial, and institutional developments).
If you have completed the required hard-surfacing and/or landscaping in accordance with the requirements of the Zoning Bylaw, please submit an inspection request using the form below.
- I confirm that I have completed the required improvements in accordance with the requirements of the Zoning Bylaw.
- I understand that a Development Officer will attend the property for the purposes of conducting an inspection of the required improvements; I authorize the Development Officer to enter the yard if completion of the required improvements cannot be determined from the street or lane.
- I understand that I may be requested to provide additional documentation, including a certificate of title, to verify any of the information provided on this form.
- I understand that the City will return the security by direct deposit, if available, or by cheque when direct deposit is not available. Click here to sign up for direct deposit (optional).
- I understand that the typical processing time for return of a security is 4-6 weeks.
- I confirm that the information provided is to the best of my belief true and correct in all respects.