See the Flag Protocol Policy here.
2018 Recent Flag Status Updates
- December 6 - Flags at City facilities will be flown at half-mast in commemoration of The National Day of Remembrance and Action on Violence Against Women.
- December 3 - Flags at City Hall will be flown at half-mast in honour of the late Wayne Jim.
- November 11 - Flags at City facilities will be flown at half-mast in commemoration of Remembrance Day.
- October 26 - The Royal Canadian Legion will raise the Poppy Flag at Veterans Square and present the First Poppy to the Commissioner of Yukon.
- October 4 - Canada Games flag raising to connect with the 2019 Canada Games Torch Lighting Ceremony at Parliament Hill.
- September 30 - Canadian Police and Peace Officers Memorial.
- August 27 - on the 4th Monday in August we honour our sister city relationship with Lancieux, France by flying the Lancieux flag at City Hall.
- June 25 - on the 4th Monday in June we honour our sister city relationship with Ushiku, Japan by flying the Ushiku flag at City Hall. The City of Whitehorse flag flies at City Hall in Ushiku on the same day.
- June 23 - National Day of Remembrance for the Victims of Terrorism. Accordingly, flags at City Hall, the Public Safety Building and the Canada Games Centre are to be flown at half-mast.
- June 22-24 - Pride and Transgender flags will be flown at City Hall to celebrate Pride Week.
- June 12 - Filipino flag to fly at the Canada Games Centre all day for Filipino Independence Day. At City Hall, Filipino flag to be raised by the President of the Filipino Association and Mayor Dan Curtis. Everyone is welcome to join the celebration at 11:45 am outside City Hall.
- May 21 - Union Jack flown at City Hall, Public Safety Building and Canada Games Centre for Victoria Day.