See the Flag Protocol Policy here.
2019 Flag Updates
- August 26 - the flag of Lancieux, our Sister City in France, flies at City Hall in honour of our special relationship. Our two cities are connected through the life and work of poet Robert W. Service, who moved to Lancieux after he left the Yukon in 1912.
- June 6 - flags at all City Buildings at half-mast from sunrise to sunset for the 75th Anniversary of D-Day.
- May 15 - The Franco Yukon flag was raised in honour of the 13th Journée de la francophonie yukonnaise. The City of Whitehorse has been holding a flag-raising ceremony in acknowledgment of the Yukon Francophonie every year since 2010.
- May 14 - The Pride and Trans Flags will be raised to mark the 50th anniversary of the decriminalization of homosexuality in Canada, as well as to celebrate Pride Week, which is taking place from June 4-9.
- April 9 - National Day of Remembrance of the Battle of Vimy Ridge: flags at all City facilities at half-mast.
- March 14 - Flags at all City facilities at half-mast in recognition of the passing of Ken McKinnon, former member of the Yukon Territorial Council and former Commissioner of Yukon.