See the Flag Protocol Policy here.
2020 Flag Updates
- January 29 - the Bell Let's Talk flag will be raised at City Hall at 11:30 a.m. as part of the world's largest conversation around mental health.
- April 20 - flags at City Hall and the Public Safety Building will be flown at half mast to mark the passing of former councillor Duke Connelly.
- April 20-26 - flags at City facilities will be lowered in solidarity with the people of Nova Scotia.
- May 2 - flags at City Hall will be lowered from sunrise to sunset in memory of the Canadian Armed Forces members who lost their lives during an accident on April 29.
- June 21 - the flags for Kwanlin Dün First Nation and Ta'an Kwäch'än Council will fly at City Hall on National Indigenous Peoples Day.
- June 22 - the flag for Ushiku City will fly at City Hall to honour our Sister City relationship with Ushiku, Japan.
- June 23 - flags will fly at half mast in recognition of the National Day of Remembrance for the Victims of Terrorism.