See the Flag Protocol Policy here.
2021 Flag Updates
- August 23 - the City proudly flies Lancieux flag at City Hall in recognition of our sister city relationship with Lancieux, France.
- August 9 - the City will fly Juneau's flag at City Hall in recognition of our sister city relationship with Juneau, Alaksa that dates back to 1990.
- June 28 - the City proudly flies Ushiku’s flag at City Hall in recognition of our sister city relationship with Ushiku, Japan that dates back to 1985.
- June 24 - flags at all City facilities will flown at half-mast in recognition of the lives lost with the discovery of graves near the former Marieval Indian Residential School in Saskatchewan.
- June 18 - the Kwanlin Dün First Nation and Ta’an Kwäch’än Council flags will be flown until June 21 to celebrate National Indigenous Peoples Day.
- June 11 - the Filipino flag will be flown at City Hall to celebrate Independence Day in the Philippines
- June 1 - the progress flag will be flown for the month of June to celebrate Pride Month.
- May 29 - flags at all City facilities will flown at half-mast until June 7 to honour the lives and memories of the 215 children found in a mass grave at the former Kamloops Indian Residential School in Tk’emlúps te Secwépemc First Nation territory.
- April 28 - flags at all City facilities will flown at half-mast to mark the National Day of Mourning.
- April 19 - flags at all City facilities will flown at half-mast until April 23 to mark the passing of former City Councillor and Yukon Commissioner, Doug Bell.
- April 9 - flags at all City facilities will be flown at half-mast until April 17 to mark the passing of Prince Phillip, the Duke of Edinburgh.
- March 12 - flags at City facilities will be flown at half-mast until March 17 to honour the passing of former Government of Yukon Minister Archie Lang.
- March 11 - flags will be lowered to half-mast to mark National Day of Observance for COVID-19. It is the one-year anniversary of the virus being declared a pandemic.
- March 8 - the Royal Union flag will be flown at City Hall to mark Commonwealth Day.
- January 28 - the Bell Let's Talk flag will be raised at City Hall at 11:30 a.m. as part of the world's largest conversation around mental health.