Property Maintenance

Share & Bookmark, Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Report A Noise Infraction

City Council approved amendments to the Maintenance Bylaw regarding nuisance noise.

Nuisance noise is considered to be any unreasonable noise or sound which disturbs the quiet, rest, or comfort of any person in the community.

Residents are able to report any suspected noise infractions by calling Bylaw Services at 667-2111. Helpful information to provide includes:

  • your name, address, and phone number;
  • date and time frame the noise was created;
  • location of the noise;
  • the type of noise; and
  • if it is a vehicle, the licence plate number of the vehicle and a description.

Background Information

The Maintenance Bylaw establishes minimum standards for the repair and maintenance of property in the City of Whitehorse.

The bylaw provides definitions, designates inspectors, and establishes the right of entry for inspectors.  The bylaw deals specifically with the following:

  • offensive growth
  • sidewalk cleanliness
  • sidewalk and lane crossing snow and ice removal
  • roof snow removal
  • boulevard maintenance
  • incessant noise
  • unsightly property 

The Maintenance Bylaw is administered and enforced by the Bylaw Services Department.

If you have any questions concerning the Maintenance Bylaw please call 867-668-8317.

Learn more about Burning with Wood here.

If an offence is observed please contact the trouble line at 667-2111 or email