Friday August 14, 2020
Starting August 23rd we’re adding more services in the Aquatic Centre!
- Capacity for the entire Aquatic Centre to increase to 45 people
- Opening change rooms with a 6 person capacity. Family change rooms still available. No shower access
- Classes: Oh My Aching Body (6 people) & Aquafit (10 people). These are drop-in programs and no registration is needed. Your tags can be picked up at the front desk 30 minutes prior to your start time (just like fitness classes)
- New family swims: Book time to swim with other families in your social bubble, up to 15 people
We’ve heard your feedback and have made some changes to make online registration easier. Starting August 16th you will temporarily notice two aquatics categories during this transition. New family times bookings can be found within the ‘Registered Drop-ins’ category. Lane swim bookings for the week of Aug 16th will remain in the current registration process and bookings for the week of Aug 23rd will be in the new “registered drop in category”
Friday July 27, 2020
Phase 2 begins August 3!
August 3rd: The Aquatics Centre will reopen for registered lane swimming and water walking.
How to book a lane swim or water walking lane document
Steam room, Sauna and Swirlpool are not available at this time.
August 3rd: Northwestel Arena will reopen for drop-ins and user group bookings.
schedule is available here
August 18th: The Fieldhouse will reopen for drop-ins and user group bookings.1
Monday June 8, 2020
We're excited to welcome you back on Monday, June 15th!
Our summer hours are in effect: 6:00 am - 8:00 pm Monday - Friday / 8:00 am - 8:00 pm Saturday & Sunday.
What's opening in Phase 1:
- The Dasani Running Track, Wellness Centre, & Studio (not including change rooms), and public washrooms will be available for use by patrons
- Powerade Flexi-Hall will be available for drop-in
- Patrons should come dressed to play and bring a full water bottle. Change rooms and water fountains are not available for use
- Bookable spaces such as board rooms & meeting rooms
- Fitness classes with modifications, including some outdoor classes
- Day camps are operating with modifications
We're all eager to return to some for of normal as soon as possible, but we must keep in mind that this is a gradual process and some services will restart sooner that others. Thank you for your patience and understanding as we take these extra precautions to provide the safest environment possible for all who visit and work at our facility.
Have questions? Visit our FAQ page before contacting us.
To see the latest response from the City of Whitehorse on COVID-19 click here.