The City of Whitehorse Engineering Services Department provides municipal engineering for capital projects and private developments as well as technical support to internal and external customers.
Major Capital Projects
Facilitating planning, design, construction and management of the City’s infrastructure and developments including:
- roads, bike lanes, sidewalks, commuter trails, street lighting, traffic signals, and bridges;
- water mains and treatment facilities, sanitary and storm sewers, and waste treatment facilities;
- water and sanitary services to private properties.
Overseeing the design and construction of private development projects in the community.
Providing technical support for internal and external customers including:
- maintaining infrastructure records;
- interpreting, reviewing and implementing relevant bylaws and standards;
- providing technical assistance to other City departments, levels of government, interest groups and the general public.