2020 Fourth Avenue Crosswalk Underground Project
The City of Whitehorse will be re-constructing the 4th Avenue crosswalk north of Ray Street on Saturday, August 29 and Sunday, August 30, weather dependent. Please drive with care. Reduce speed, obey traffic controllers and construction signage.
The work includes:
• Removal of sidewalk, curb and asphalt at the crossing
• Installation of roadway conduit crossing, concrete light bases and restoration of the surface
Traffic will be affected and detours will be in place during construction, with single lane traffic in each direction on 4th Avenue. If you have any concerns please contact the City contractor, Castle Rock Enterprises, at 336-1542.
We thank you for your patience and consideration during this construction period, and apologize for any inconvenience. For more information, please contact the City of Whitehorse Engineering Department, 668-8305.
Hamilton Boulevard Reconstruction
The Government of Yukon along with the City of Whitehorse are repairing a section of Hamilton Boulevard. The public can expect delays and detours over a 4-week construction period between mid-August and mid-September.
Please drive with care, reduce speed and obey traffic controllers and construction signage as trucks and equipment will be working in the area.
Should you have any questions or require additional information please call Jerry Quaile, Cobalt Construction, at 867-334-2200 or Ben Campbell, Government of Yukon, at 867-332-0576.
2020 Puckett’s Gulch Stair Extension Project
The lower path in Puckett’s Gulch at the end of Black Street will be closed from June 12 to August 31 for construction of stairs. Detours will be in place around the construction site. The City of Whitehorse has hired Ketza construction to build an extension to the existing Puckett’s Gulch stairway. The existing stairs will remain open.
Please obey construction signage.
We thank you for your patience and consideration during this construction period, and apologize for any inconvenience.
For more information, please contact Ketza Construction at 778-791-7456 or the City of Whitehorse Engineering Department at 668-8305.
Alaska Highway / Range Road opposite Sumanik Drive
This Yukon Government project is expected to be completed by September 30th.
The City has several other projects on the go, which include:
- Watermain improvements at the west end of Porter Creek and on 6th Avenue at Lambert Street;
- Storm sewer upgrades in various neighbourhoods;
- Mount McIntyre stair installation to improve pedestrian connectivity between the Mount McIntyre Recreation Centre and the Canada Games Centre;
- Black Street stairs extension to replace a steep portion of the lower paved trail with stairs; and
- Lewes Boulevard asphalt path construction between Hospital Road and Selkirk School
General Advice During Construction Season
- Traffic is to be controlled by traffic control persons and/or detours for the duration of construction projects.
- Graveled surfaces and dusty conditions may be encountered during construction.
- Please drive with care, reduce speed and obey traffic controllers and construction signage as trucks and equipment are in the area.
- All work is dependent on weather and the work schedule is subject to change.
- Hours of work for most projects is from 7 am to 7 pm.
- Thanks for your patience as we work to improve our City’s infrastructure.
For general information please contact the Engineering Services Department at 668-8305.