A sustainable Whitehorse is a community where healthy people, neighbourhoods, and the environment thrive. The Planning & Sustainability Department works to create plans and strategies that set the course for an orderly, efficient, and thriving City. Staff include specialists in land use planning, environmental stewardship, and economic development.
Major components of the Department's work include:
- The Official Community Plan
- The Whitehorse Sustainability Plan
- The development of detailed plans and strategies
- Implementation of plans and strategies that have been adopted by Council
- Administration of grants and incentives