Information and Resources
- Waste Sorting Tools
- Compost for Sale
- Residential Curbside Collection
- Solid Waste Action Plan (SWAP)
- Illegal Dumping
- What Goes Where app
- Multi-Unit (4 units or less)
- Multi-Unit (5 units or more)
- Country Residential
- Locking Waste Bins
- Commercial Service Providers
- Zero Waste
Many items we purchase come in corrugated cardboard boxes, the thick boxes with the wavy lines. Cardboard is easy and environmentally efficient to recycle, saving large amounts of water and energy when compared to the manufacturing of virgin materials.
Cardboard was identified in the City's Solid Waste Action Plan 2013 as bulky in the landfill and easy to recycle with recycling options and services already available to commercial and residential sectors. Since May 1st, 2015 cardboard must be separated from your regular waste. Unsorted load fees apply to waste bin mixed with cardboard. See Tipping Fees for more info.
Why recycle cardboard?
- Cardboard is bulky and fills up not only the City's landfill but your waste bin
- Can save you money by reducing the amount of waste in your commercial waste container
- Saves you from paying Unsorted Load tipping fees
- Recycling cardboard reduces your carbon footprint and environmental impact
- Recycling cardboard reduces the amount of trees harvested, saving resources
- It's the right thing to do
what happens to recycled cardboard
Recycled cardboard can be turned back into numerous materials:
- New cardboard boxes
- Brown paper products, like paper towel
- Paper towels and tissues
- Paper bags
- Boxboard (cereal boxes, cracker boxes, etc)
cardboard recycling options
Corrugated cardboard, free of food and wax, can be brought to P&M Recycling Depot or Raven Recycling Society free of charge to be turned into new products. Sign up to Whitehorse Blue Bin Recycling for biweekly curbside collections. Compost your food soiled cardboard (pizza boxes).
|service providers||good to know|
|P&M Recycling Depot or Raven Recycling||Commercial collection services available
|General Waste Management||Fee for service collection available|
|PNW||Fee for service collection available|
|Whitehorse Blue Bins||Fee for service collection available
|Blackstone Environmental||Fee for service collection available
Waste Sorting App
Sorting your waste is easy with our What Goes Where app. Type the name of an item into the search bar and we will give you recycling, composting, or disposal options.