Community Clean Up Instructions to Groups:
1. This program is available to any non-profit sport, art, recreation or neighborhood organization. Limit of one (1) application per organization. Eligibility is determined on a first come, first served basis.
2. Parks will assign areas to groups. Groups may identify an area of preference if they choose and this area will be assigned if available. The clean-up work must be completed between May 1 and June 30.
3. Clean-up locations are confined to City-owned or leased property. Locations include: parks, trail systems, road easements, or roads maintained by the City.
4. The applicant is responsible for the group conducting the clean-up. The group shall consist of an adult supervisor with a vehicle. For youth groups, there must be a ratio of one (1) supervisor for every six (6) youths participating.
5. Parks supplies high visibility safety vests, latex gloves, road sign(s) where applicable and garbage bags to each group. Groups will not receive payment until vests and signs are returned.
6. The organizer of each group will be responsible:
- for placement of road signage where required;
- for ensuring all participants wear their safety apparel;
- for instructing all participants in the manners of conducting the work safely;
- for ensuring the designated vehicle is parked in a safe manner and is available at all times during the work. Whenever this vehicle is moved, the four-way flasher signals must be used;
- for ensuring all full garbage bags are tied and placed at one of the designated garbage drop off sites accessible to a vehicle;
- for ensuring the invoice is completed at the end of the clean-up;
- for the completed invoice, safety apparel, and that unused garbage bags are returned to Parks;
- for notifying Parks if the group is unable to complete the clean-up on the agreed upon date, or if the group is unable to complete the clean-up before June 30; and
- for completing and submitting the Authorization for Payment Form and the Vendor Application and Direct Deposit Authorization Form (EFT) (for new groups).
7. Clean-up supplies can be picked up at Parks during office hours Monday to Friday 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Please note our office has moved to the Frank Slim Building at Shipyards Park.
8. Any clean-up completed without an approved grant application or invoice will not be paid.
9. The deadline for submission to the program is March 15. Late applications will be accepted until all areas have been assigned.