Community Clean Up Instructions to Groups:
1. This program is available to any non-profit sport, art, recreation or neighborhood organization. Limit of one (1) application per organization. Eligibility is determined on a first come, first served basis.
2. Parks and Community Development will assign areas to groups. Groups may identify an area of preference if they choose and this area will be assigned if available. The clean-up work must be completed between May 1 and June 30.
3. Clean-up locations are confined to City owned or leased property. Locations include: parks, trail systems, road easements or roads maintained by the City.
4. The applicant is responsible for the group conducting the clean-up. The group shall consist of an adult supervisor with a vehicle. For youth groups, there must be a ratio of one (1) supervisor for every six (6) youths participating.
5. Parks and Community Development supplies high visibility safety vests, latex gloves, road sign(s) where applicable and garbage bags to each group. Groups will not receive payment until vests and signs are returned.
6. The organizer of each group will be responsible:
- for placement of road signage where required
- to ensure all participants wear their safety apparel
- to instruct all participants in the manners of conducting the work safely
- to ensure the designated vehicle is parked in a safe manner and is available at all times during the work. Whenever this vehicle is moved, the 4-way flasher signals must be used
- to ensure all full garbage bags are tied and placed at one of the designated garbage drop off sites accessible to a vehicle
- to ensure the invoice is completed at the end of the clean up
- that the completed invoice, safety apparel, and unused garbage bags are returned to Parks and Community Development
- to notify Parks and Community Development if the group is unable to complete the clean-up on the agreed upon date or if the group is unable to complete the clean-up before June 30
- for completing and submitting the Authorization for Payment Form and the Vendor Application and Direct Deposit Authorization Form (EFT) (for new groups)
7. Clean-up supplies can be picked up at Parks and Community Development during office hours Monday to Friday 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. PLEASE NOTE OUR OFFICE HAS MOVED AND IS NOW LOCATED IN THE FRANK SLIM BUILDING AT SHIPYARDS PARK 100 Ogilvie Street.
8. Any clean-up completed without an approved grant application or invoice will not be paid.
9. The deadline for submission to the program is March 15. Late applications will be accepted until all areas have been assigned.