The Regional Parks Plan was adopted by City Council on June 23, 2014. The process to create the plan was led by John Glynn-Morris General Consulting and involved numerous opportunities for public input. Draft versions of the Plan as well as public input received on those drafts is linked below. All public input is also compiled in the Plan's Online Appendix.
- Process kick-off
- Background research and project scoping
- Letters sent to governments and key stakeholders: project introduction and invitation for participation
- Meetings by-request from governments and key stakeholders
- Website launched
- Marketing campaign launched
- 1st public engagement event (March 11th): “Why are these areas important?”
- “What we heard” released (March 19th)
- Online engagement tool launched (March 24th)
- “Draft 2: Ideas and options” released for comment (May 13th)
- Fireweed Market Open House held May 29th. Thanks to all who attended!
- Public input summary
- “Recommended Plan” produced for City staff review
- City Council: Plan introduction (June 16th)
- City Council: Plan adoption (June 23rd)