Photo: Alistair Maitland
A lunch-time information session on the Schwatka Lake float plane base and Area Plan will be held on Friday April 26, 2019 from 11:45am to 1:15pm at the Best Western Gold Rush Inn, Town Hall Meeting Room (located at 411 Main Street). At this meeting, City staff will give a presentation that provides:
- An overview of the float plane base and management structure (including dock permitting)
- An update on implementation of the 2015 Schwatka Lake Area Plan
This meeting will focus on aviation land uses. A light lunch will be available. An RSVP is required no later than Wednesday, April 17, 3pm, so that we can be sure to arrange for enough refreshments. Confirm your attendance by sending an email to email@example.com.
- Float Plane Base – information for itinerant pilots
- Dock Policy and Permits – information for local pilots
Schwatka Lake Area Plan
On March 9, 2015, City Council adopted the Schwatka Lake Area Plan (SLAP) as a guiding document for aviation, recreation, conservation, and other land uses and activities on the west shore of Schwatka Lake. The SLAP provides 37 recommendations for infrastructure and management improvements that were developed through an extensive public engagement process. A Working Group has been organized to help oversee implementation and to discuss emerging topics that affect the lake area. If you would like to participate in this group, send us an email.
Recommendation #30 of the SLAP is to "develop and implement a signage plan". Work has occurred to develop a plan that additionally addresses minor parking improvements identified in SLAP recommendations #16, #17, and #23. A draft of the plan is available for public review:
- (DRAFT) West Shore Signage & Parking Improvements Plan
- Comments can be submitted by email until April 1, 2019.
- Yukon River Loop Trail Brochure
- Enjoying Whitehorse Trails: A guide to the Yukon River Trails
- Yukon River Trail Marathon Map
- Robert Service Way Area Plan
Erica Beasley, Planner, (867) 668-8600, firstname.lastname@example.org