Robert Service Way Area Planning Study Now Complete!
The Robert Service Way Area Planning Study is now completed. The information in this document will be used as recommendations for other processes, including the OCP review, Whitehorse South trail planning, Robert Service Way campground planning, and quarry lease reviews.
Click on the links below to download the Final Planning Study.
- Final Robert Service Way Area Planning Study (5 Mb PDF)
Background information that was used in the creation of this Report is available below:
- What We Heard document (6 Mb PDF)
- Background report (6 Mb PDF)
- Figure 1 - Base map
- Figure 2 - Zoning map
- Figure 3 - Development potential map
- Figure 4 - Archaeological potential map
- Figure 5 - Recreation map
The City has hired a consultant (Jane of All Trades Consulting) to undertake a planning study for the Robert Service Way area of Whitehorse. The subject area for this project generally stretches from Ear and Hobo Lakes to the Whitehorse International Airport and from the Alaska Highway to the Yukon River.
The objectives of the Robert Service Way Planning Study are to:
- Gather background information on ecology, geotechnical conditions, archeological resources, wildlife, and potential site contamination;
- Develop a vision for the future remediation and recreational use of the Ear and Hobo Lakes area;
- Explore development and servicing potential along the Alaska Highway and at the City snow dump; and
- Review the existing function and future of the ball diamond and campground area.
It is expected that a draft plan will be completed in the fall, at which time it will be available for public comment. The final reports prepared by Jane of All Trades Consulting will help inform the next OCP review, expected to begin in late 2017/early 2018.
Reports (by order of year completed):
- Chadburn Lake Park Management Plan (proposed final version, 2016)
- Whitehorse Sustainability Plan (2015)
- Schwatka Lake Area Plan (2015)
- Regional Parks Plan (2014)
- “Above the Airport” Trail Network Plan (2014)
- Zoning Bylaw (2012)
- Official Community Plan (2010)
- Trail Plan (2007)
- Parks and Recreation Master Plan (2007)
- Detailed Salmon Habitat Management Plan (2004)
- Water and Sewer Study (2003)
- Significant Wildlife Area Report (2000)
- Yukon River Corridor Plan (1999)
- Soil, Terrain, and Wetland Study (1997)
- South Access Area Development Scheme (1997) - only available in hardcopy
- South Access Development Plan (1991) - only available in hardcopy
Kinden Kosick, Planner, firstname.lastname@example.org, (867) 668-8348