The City of Whitehorse Official Community Plan (OCP) is a land use document that is periodically reviewed and provides a vision for the physical layout of Whitehorse. The OCP is developed in consultation with residents to help ensure that Whitehorse grows in a responsible and sustainable manner.
Whitehorse 2040 OCP Review
The Municipal Act gives municipalities the power to create an OCP, and also specifies that they must be reviewed within a regular period of time. Past Whitehorse OCPs have lasted approximately 8 years before needing review. In November 2018, the City launched the next OCP Review, called Whitehorse 2040. Please click here to be redirected to the Whitehorse 2040 page.
Additional 2010 OCP Resources
- 2002 Official Community Plan
- List of OCP amendments, 2002 to 2009
- Summaries of Background Reports integrated into the 2010 OCP
- 1994 Official Community Plan
- 1987 Official Community Plan
- City of Whitehorse General Plan (1976)