The City of Whitehorse is embarking on the development of a Wildfire Risk Reduction Strategy. The purpose of this strategy is to update existing fuel management plans and recommend a direction on regulations, relationships, plans, funding and processes needed for the implementation of a 20-year plan to reduce risk.
Planning is anticipated to begin in spring 2019, with a strategy completed in early 2020. Stay tuned for opportunities to learn more about wildfire risk reduction.
- City of Whitehorse Bylaw 2015-20 “Parks and Public Open Space Bylaw”
- Defining Significant Wildlife Areas for the City of Whitehorse, AEM Ltd. (2000)
- Hazard Identification and Risk Analysis City of Whitehorse (2017)
- Kwanlin Dün First Nation Final Agreement
- Soil, Terrain and Wetland Study, Mougeot Geoanalysis (1997)
- Ta’an Kwäch’än Council Final Agreement
- Whitehorse Fuel Management Plan (July 2002)
- Whitehorse Fuel Management Plan Map Sample (Similar maps exist for 19 neighbourhoods).
- Whitehorse West Landscape-level Fuel Management Plan (March 2006)
- Yukon Fire Risk Assessment (2016)
- Yukon Forest Protection Act and Regulations
- Yukon Forest Resources Act and Regulations