Whitehorse Kids' Triathlon
Saturday June 12, 2021
REGISTRATION BEGIN TUESDAY MAY 4, 4:30 PM
Spaces are limited to 24 participants per category.
AGES 5 YEARS with
AGES 6-7 YEARS
Swim: 50 meters
AGES 8-10 YEARS
Swim: 100 meters
AGES 11-14 YEARS
Swim: 200 meters
Click on each image to access our triathlete pages with race descriptions and trail images.
How it Register:
Two ways to register:
- Online at whitehorse.ca/play (click on available programs then click on family program under recreation)
- COURSE ID
- 5 year old with guardian: 23906
- 6 - 7 year old: 23907
- 8 - 10 year old: 23908
- 11- 14 year old: 23909
- COURSE ID
- In person at the Canada Games Centre
Space is limited to 96 participants.
PLEASE NOTE: Registration is NOT confirmed until the event waiver is filled out and submitted.
Package & pick-up Time:
Mandatory Race Package Pick up at Mt. McIntyre Recreation Centre - Grey Mountain Room:
Sunday June 6: 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
Monday June 7: 6:00 pm - 7:00 pm
Tuesday June 8: 6:00 pm - 7:00 pm
General Triathlon Information:
- Participants must be the correct age by the race date. Children in the 5-year-old category must have one parent/guardian accompanying them throughout the race, with all necessary equipment for themselves, including swim attire (this includes being in the water within arm’s reach for the swim portion). Athletes 6 years of age and older do not require parental assistance during the race.
- Participants must complete the entire course. Any participant who does not cross the finish line is considered a missing child. If your participant cannot complete you must check-out at the finish line before leaving.
- All participants are placed in heats according to their age category.
- Each age category course route is marked and signed using their corresponding animal (e.g. 6-7 year olds look for the moose image throughout the course)
- Each participant must complete the entire course.
- Volunteers are stationed throughout the course to lend any assistance needed to ensure participant safety and well-being.
- It is the participant’s responsibility to learn the route and follow the age category signage. There is clear marking and signage throughout the course.
- When overtaking a fellow runner or rider, pass to the left and return to the right side of the trail. When passing, please call out “on your left” to let the person in front of you know you are there.
- Volunteers count laps for bike riders if more than one lap is required for their age group.
- Parents cannot assist children during the event (with the exception of the 5-year-old category)
- 5 year olds swim in the Leisure Pool within arms’ distance of support person.
- 6-14 year olds swim in lanes in the lap pool.
- Anxious swimmers will be placed as close to lifeguards as possible.
- Please bring your child’s own PFD (life jacket) if your child requires one for the swim portion. Only a limited number and size of flutter board and PFDs (life jackets) are available for use.
- Flippers and other propulsive devices are not allowed.
- No jumping or diving into the water and no running on the pool deck at any time.
- Any stroke is allowed; there is no disqualification for style or stopping
- Children must touch each end of the pool and complete the required distance.
- Volunteers will count laps for swimmers if more than one lap is required.
- Transition Area (T1) Swim/Run
- This transition area is outside of the pool (east side of the CGC)
- Drop off transition bag for T1 & T2, at the body marking station at least 10 minutes prior to designated swim time.
- Participants’ change of clothes for running must be in their transition bag before proceeding to the body marking station.
- Volunteers will assist participants after the swimming event to find their transition bag and direct them to the running trail.
- Participants can pick up their transition bag by showing their bib at the designated table at the Finish Line
- Transition Area (T2) Run/Bike
- Only participants and volunteers can be in the transition area
- Participant's bikes and helmet must be dropped off in the transition area (stadium) between 7:30 am - 8:45 am June 12. No helmet = no race
- Bicycles must be walked in the transition area
- Participants will finish the race with their bikes and can take the directly to their vehicles.
- When finishing the race, please ensure that bikes are removed from the finish line and not dropped on the ground as soon as the participants clear the finish line.
Note: It is your responsibility to see that bikes and helmets are in good working order. Bike inspection is not mandatory, but recommended. Be sure to check your child's helmet before race day. Helmets must be buckled during the bike portion of the event, including in the transition zone.
- Self screen for symptoms prior to this event
- Physical distancing is required throughout the duration of the event.
- Spectators are limited to 1 parent/guardian per registered participant due to limited capacities
- Hand sanitizer will be available throughout the event
- Wearing of Masks:
- Masks are not required to be worn by participants when racing
- Masks are mandatory inside the Canada Games Centre (participants can put their masks into their transition bag right before going into the water)
- Masks are not mandatory when outside unless physical distancing cannot be maintained