Why use transit advertising?
- You can't zap it.
- You can't ignore it.
- It can't be turned off like television.
- It reaches drivers and passengers no matter what radio stations they're listening to.
- The large, colorful, innovative designs demand attention.
- You have exclusivity in your space.
- It delivers a varied audience.
- It offers flexibility of ad size and location.
Today, concern for the environment has caused a wide range of business professionals, teachers, college students, and many other types of workers to leave their vehicles at home and ride the bus to and from their jobs. It saves them the often high cost of parking and the wear-and-tear on their cars and provides them the opportunity to review material for a morning meeting, study, or just relax and gather their thoughts for the busy day ahead. The interior cards displayed inside the bus reach passengers who spend an average of 30-40 minutes on the bus... and your ad is there for them to read the whole time.
Not only can you reach some very upscale customers on the inside of the bus, but you can also reach a large variety of people by advertising on the more traditional exterior signs. Available in various shapes and sizes, exterior bus signs display advertising messages to thousands of people in cars as well as pedestrians. Buses travel through cities and outlying suburban areas, to shopping malls, the college, business districts, supermarkets, theaters and convention sites. Local customers as well as visitors to your area will be exposed to your large moving messages.
Types of Advertising
- King Signs are located on the sides of transit vehicles. They are the largest of the signs and are attached to the bus with aluminium frames.
- Tail Signs are located on the rear of transit vehicles. If you've ever been stuck behind a bus at a traffic light or in a traffic jam, you know what the back of that bus says by the time you start moving again.
- Interior Cards are smaller and are seen only by the riders. They line the tops of the bus windows.
- Bus Bench Signs can be placed at any existing city bus stop for you to advertise your business and location.
- Shelter Signs are located all around Whitehorse; they are a large visual sign to advertise your business or an upcoming event.
Transit Advertising Information
Advertising Rate Sheet
Contact the Administrative Assistant