- Week of June 9 - all frost protection devices should now be switched OFF. Scroll down for details.
Who We Are
Water and Waste Services is responsible for:
- Water pumping and distribution
- Sanitary sewer system
- Storm drainage system
- Curbside compost and waste collection
- Whitehorse Waste Management Facility and Compost Facility
- Warehouse operations
The department operates primarily from the main floor of the Municipal Services Building at 4210 Fourth Avenue.
Monitor your pipesResidents are advised that noisy water pipes or sinking ground could be indications of a service break. Any concerns should be reported to 668-8350.
Danger of frost has passed. Effective immediately, all frost protection devices should be turned off.
Your frost protection devices could include bleeders, heat trace tapes, transformers and aqua flows. Please note no action is required in residences with temperature control bleeders (TCB's).
- 2018-2019 Frost Depth
- 2017-2018 chart
- 2016-2017 chart
- 2015-2016 chart
- 2014-2015 chart
- 2013-2014 chart
- Further historical information also available here
For more details, please call 668-8350 from 8 am to 5 pm Monday to Friday.