- Week of August 19 - informational water advisory for Riverdale. Scroll down for details.
- Week of July 8 - discharge announcement. Scroll down for details.
- Week of June 9 - all frost protection devices should now be switched OFF. Scroll down for details.
Livingstone Trail Environmental Control Facility – Long Term Storage Discharge
Discharge of treated wastewater from the Livingstone Trail Environmental Control Facility (LTECF) - Long Term Storage Pond into the Yukon River will take place from September 1 to November 1, 2019, with an average flow rate of 38,400 cubic meters per day. The discharge is performed under the terms of the City’s Water Use License MN18-059. For questions please contact Geoff Quinsey, Manager Water & Waste Services at 668-8350.
Who We Are
Water and Waste Services is responsible for:
- Water pumping and distribution
- Sanitary sewer system
- Storm drainage system
- Curbside compost and waste collection
- Whitehorse Waste Management Facility and Compost Facility
- Warehouse operations
The department operates primarily from the main floor of the Municipal Services Building at 4210 Fourth Avenue.
Monitor your pipesResidents are advised that noisy water pipes or sinking ground could be indications of a service break. Any concerns should be reported to 668-8350.
Danger of frost has passed. Effective immediately, all frost protection devices should be turned off.
Your frost protection devices could include bleeders, heat trace tapes, transformers and aqua flows. Please note no action is required in residences with temperature control bleeders (TCB's).
- 2018-2019 Frost Depth
- 2017-2018 chart
- 2016-2017 chart
- 2015-2016 chart
- 2014-2015 chart
- 2013-2014 chart
- Further historical information also available here
For more details, please call 668-8350 from 8 am to 5 pm Monday to Friday.