Information and Resources
- Waste Sorting Tools
- Compost for Sale
- Residential Curbside Collection
- Solid Waste Action Plan (SWAP)
- Illegal Dumping
- What Goes Where app
- Multi-Unit (4 units or less)
- Multi-Unit (5 units or more)
- Country Residential
- Locking Waste Bins
- Commercial Service Providers
- Zero Waste
COVID-19 Waste Handling
During the COVID-19 pandemic, the City of Whitehorse is making temporary changes to our Waste Services to ensure the safety of staff and the public. Check this website often to see the latest updates on how to handle your residual waste, organics, and recyclables during this public health emergency.
Temporary Waste Handling Measures
- Recycling has resumed at Raven Recycling and P&M Recycling.
- The Mixed Recycling Depot at the Whitehorse Waste Management Facility is currently accepting only cardboard but will reopen in the near future.
- Please refrain from using cash at the WMF. We accept debit or credit cards as well as use of existing accounts.
- Please avoid bringing small loads of extra waste to the WMF as the City is striving to limit the number of public visits to minimize COVID-19 exposure risk.
- Bagged compost is temporarily sold out. When it resumes, it is available during regular hours at the WMF.
- Bulk compost is available by appointment only, Mon-Fri 8:30-4:30.
- No changes to your Green Cart or Green Bin collection.
- If you, or someone you are caring for are sick, please double bag used tissues, wipes, paper towels, napkins, cleaning cloths, face masks and gloves.
HOUSEHOLD HAZARDOUS WASTE
- Household Hazardous Waste Day on May 2 is cancelled. Please hold on to all HHW materials until the September HHW event.
Please follow regular COVID-19 protocols when visiting the Waste Management Facility:
- Physical distancing (2m / 6 ft) when possible
- Frequent cleaning of surfaces and items
- Properly executed hand hygiene
- Properly executed sneezing and coughing techniques
Waste Sorting App
Sorting your waste is easy with our new What Goes Where app. Type the name of an item into the search bar and we will give you recycling, composting, or disposal options.