We’re officially sold out of bulk and bagged compost. Thank you to all of our green-thumbed residents!
Visit the Waste Management Facility (WMF) to purchase compost! The WMF is about six kilometres north of downtown, at Mile 91972 (Mile 919.72) on the Alaska Highway. Find the WMF turn-off on Google Maps.
- Weekdays from 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. & Weekends from 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
The City offers two formats for compost to meet your needs:
- Bagged compost for small-scale garden projects
- Bulk compost for bigger projects such as landscaping and agriculture.
We have two types of bulk compost available:
- Mixed compost (blend of compost + sand)
Which product do I need? What’s the difference between compost and mixed compost?
- Compost product is ideal for adding to existing soil to condition and add nutrients.
- Mixed compost (blend of compost and sand) is ideal for empty garden boxes, new gardens, and lawn applications. Vegetable and flower gardeners sometimes add peat moss to the blended product too.
Bulk compost pick-ups must be scheduled by calling 867-668-8350 ext. 4. Bulk compost will be available as of May 18.
|Bagged compost (currently unavailable)||$6 / 20L bag|
|Compost bulk load 1-9 yards||$50 / cubic yard|
|Compost bulk load 10 yards or more||$35 / cubic yard|
|Blend of compost and sand 1-9 yards||$50 / cubic yard|
|Blend of compost and sand 10 yards or more||$35 / cubic yard|
The City’s compost facility has been producing a superior product and defying beliefs that composting north of 60° is difficult or even impossible. Our compost meets the Organic Materials Review Institute (OMRI) standard, making it approved for use in organic operations.
Note: A friendly reminder that what you feed your Green Cart helps us produce our OMRI-certified compost! Please keep contaminants out!