It’s tea time, so put the kettle on!
Our annual Seniors Tea is a beloved event and this year we're providing a takeout tea party for seniors to enjoy in their social bubble. The Takeout Tea Party for 2 is a self-contained party for seniors to enjoy and reconnect with their community.
How to sign up
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, phone number and neighbourhood. Sign up between April 1 and April 29.
Space is limited to 200 packages.
Packages include light snacks for two people:
- Ham and cheese tea sandwich;
- Scones with homemade strawberry jam;
- Ginger snap cookie;
- Lemon loaf muffin;
- Other small treats.
Additions and substitutions are not available. As per food safe recommendations, please keep refrigerated and consume food within 24 hours of receiving package.
How to pick up
Pick up will be from May 6 to 8 at the Canada Games Centre parking lot. A confirmation email with a pick up time will be sent to the registered participant one week prior to pick up.
Celebrating together (optional)
To help us celebrate seniors, participants are encouraged to submit their favourite tea party picture to the City of Whitehorse by email to email@example.com. This photo can be a group photo or a picture of your favourite tea cup. Photos will be used in a public collage or video.
Terms and conditions
- One party package per person;
- Must be a Whitehorse resident;
- Must be 60 years of age or older;
- No additions or substitutions available;
- Participants who do not show up at the confirmed pick up time will forfeit the right to their package;
- Packages will only be given out to those who are registered. Special permissions are required if you are picking up another package for a person;
- By registering for a Tea Party for 2, you are giving the City of Whitehorse permission to use submitted imagery across social media, email or our website.
If you have any questions or require additional information, please call (867) 336-2427.