The Taxi industry is regulated through the enforcement of the Vehicle for Hire By-law. Some of the rules that constables enforce are:
- Correct fares are displayed and charged
- Vehicles are neat and clean
- Drivers display their permits and charter cards
- Security cameras are in all vehicles
- Vehicles have proper identification markings
- Vehicles pass mechanical inspection
If an offence is observed, please contact the trouble line at 667-2111 or email [email protected].
To assist with your complaint, please provide as much information as possible. Providing the following information will help an officer in addressing the matter:
- Date and time;
- Location/addresses where violation took place;
- Description of offence;
- Company, car number;
- Driver permit number;
- Your name and phone number (so we may get in contact with you to provide an update or gather more information to help us investigate the matter).
Please note Bylaw Constables are on duty from 8:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. on weekdays and 10:30 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. on weekends and Statutory Holidays.
Bylaw Services Vehicle for Hire customer service hours are from 1:30 pm to 3:30 pm, every Tuesday and Thursday, at the Public Safety Building, located on 305 Range Rd. The Bylaw Services Department is responsible for the issue of taxi driver permits, enforcement of the Vehicle for Hire By-law, and ensuring a standard of safety and well-being for both drivers and passengers.