Becoming A Permitted Driver
To become a permitted taxi driver for the City of Whitehorse, you must complete an application process and successfully complete the Vehicle for Hire Driver Program. Some of the application requirements are:
- RCMP criminal records check
- Proof of a valid driver’s license (class 1,2,3, or 4 Yukon Driver’s license)
- Driver’s abstract (no older than 30 days, available via Yukon Government Department of Motor Vehicles)
- Applicant must have completed the Vehicle for Hire Taxi Driver Program (administered by Bylaw Services)
To start the application process, fill out and submit the following documents:
- Application Process Steps
- Online Vehicle for Hire Permit Application OR PDF Vehicle for Hire Permit Application
- RCMP Fingerprint Consent Form
- Bylaw Consent to Release Information
Some forms require signature which will be obtained at the time of the issuance of the permit. All forms can be submitted to Bylaw Services via email at [email protected].
The RCMP Fingerprint Consent form is to be completed and dropped off to the Whitehorse RCMP detachment located at 4100 4th avenue.
To process your application, an appointment must be booked with the Bylaw coordinator. To book an appointment, call 668-8317 or email [email protected]
For more information review the City’s Vehicle for Hire By-law.