Thank you to all those who applied to be a part of the Housing and Land Development Advisory Committee, please stay tuned for information on when members will be appointed.
The Housing and Land Development Advisory Committee will make recommendations to City Council on how to address issues of housing shortage and affordability by considering land supply, land development, and permitting processes. Please refer to the proposed Terms of Reference for information on the mandate and scope of the Committee.
Thank you to all those who applied to be a part of the Inclusivity Advisory Committee, please stay tuned for information on when members will be appointed.
The City of Whitehorse is committed to developing and implementing a plan to improve inclusivity and diversity in Whitehorse. The committee will help identify and make recommendations on the following:
- Identify opportunities to increase inclusivity through City bylaws, policies and programs, including to make recommendations to Council on the use of gender neutral and non-discriminatory language;
- Advise Council on the implementation of the Coalition of Inclusive Municipalities toolkits and resources;
- On select topics, hear and respond to delegations of representatives from community and cultural groups, Non-governmental organizations (NGO’s) and individuals;
- Provide recommendations on how to improve engagement with community stakeholders; and
- Examine other inclusivity issues that Council may refer to the Committee for consideration.
For more information, please refer to the proposed Terms of Reference for information on the mandate and scope of the Committee.