Safety on Transit
Your safety is our number one priority.
If you see something, say something – report any unusual behaviour or incidents to a uniformed transit employee.
If you’re in immediate danger, call 9-1-1.
In the event of a safety concern – the driver’s procedure is to:
- Stop the bus as soon as possible and not move until the situation is resolved
- Not get into a physical altercation
- Ask the person(s) in question to cease their actions or:
- Warn them with removal from the bus and/or
- Call for the RCMP to remove them
- Continue route service once the situation is resolved
- Write up an incident report of the event at end of shift
- Transit leadership reviews the following morning
As a passenger, you can submit a report to transit following an incident. Please include:
- Date and time of incident
- Bus number/route
- Where you got on and off the bus
Please report incidents to [email protected] and/or 668-8396.
What does follow-up by Transit look like if they receive a report?
- We review security footage
- Review other reports, if connected to this incident
- Contact and cooperate with RCMP
- If an incident is severe enough, the City can warn or ban person(s) from transit services
Remember that safety is a shared responsibility, and your actions can contribute to a safer and more enjoyable transit experience for all passengers.