Park Memorial Program Application (Online)
Review the Park Memorial Program Policy prior to filling out this application. Select the site furnishing or tree you would like to donate and choose the wording for the memorial plaque.
- your application will be reviewed by Parks staff
- you will be contacted to discuss your requested location(s)
- upon approval of the location, payment is required at the Parks office prior to installation
Park Memorial Program Agreement
This Park Memorial Program Agreement is made between the City of Whitehorse and the donor.
Both parties agree to the following responsibilities:
The Donor shall be responsible for:
- Donation payment to the City of Whitehorse prior to purchase and installation.
- Assume expenses related to any commemoration or dedication ceremony.
- Identify and hold harmless, the City of Whitehorse, its agents, servants and employees from and against all actions, suits, proceedings, or judgements taken against the City based on the construction and installation of all amenities undertaken by the City, unless such action, suit, proceeding or judgement was due to the negligent acts or omissions of the City of Whitehorse, its employees, agents or servants.
The City shall be responsible for:
- The purchase and installation of the agreed upon site furnishing or tree to City department standards.
- Any damage or repairs to any existing equipment or to the site due to installation of the site furnishing or tree, and clean up of construction debris after installation.
- Retain all the manufacture warranties and ensure that guarantees are carried out as required.
- Identify and hold harmless the donor, his/her agents, servants and employees from and against all actions, proceedings or judgements taken against the donor based on the construction and installation of the amenities undertaken by the City, unless such action, suit, proceeding or judgement was due to the negligent act or omission of the donor, their employees, agents or servants.