Memorial Program Application
Review the Park Memorial Program Policy prior to filling out this application. Select the tree you would like to donate and choose the wording for the memorial plaque. Please note: benches are currently unavailable for 2023.
- your application will be reviewed by Parks staff
- you will be contacted to discuss your requested location(s)
- upon approval of the location, payment is required at the Parks office prior to installation
Memorial Program Agreement
This Memorial Program Agreement is made between the City of Whitehorse and the Donor.
Both the City of Whitehorse and the Donor agree to the following responsibilities:
The Donor acknowledges and agrees to the following:
- Donation payment to the City of Whitehorse prior to purchase and installation;
- Assume expenses related to any commemoration or dedication ceremony;
- The plaque wording provided by the donor must be approved by the City of Whitehorse;
- The City of Whitehorse maintains ownership over the donated furnishings, tree, and site location. The donor may not make alternations of any kind to the furnishings, tree, or site location;
- The City of Whitehorse reserves the right to temporarily remove furnishing;
- The Donor may add up to two additional plaques to the fixture for an additional cost, which is defined in the Fees and Charges By-law. All conditions of the original agreement, including the term of the agreement, will apply;
- Identify and hold harmless, the City of Whitehorse, its agents, servants and employees from and against all actions, suits, proceedings, or judgements taken against the City based on the construction and installation of all amenities undertaken by the City, unless such action, suit, proceeding or judgement was due to the negligent acts or omissions of the City of Whitehorse, its employees, agents or servants.
The City of Whitehorse agrees that it:
- Is responsible for the acquisition and installation of the plaque, furnishings and trees (all fixtures and plaques will be to department standard);
- Is responsible for the maintenance of the furnishings and trees. If a furnishing or tree is damaged, destroyed, or defaced to an extent that in the discretion of the City of Whitehorse replacement is required, it will be done at no additional cost to the donor;
- Will install furnishings between May and October. Trees will be planted in the spring;
- Identify and hold harmless the donor, his/her agents, servants and employees from and against all actions, proceedings or judgements taken against the donor based on the construction and installation of the amenities undertaken by the City, unless such action, suit, proceeding or judgement was due to the negligent act or omission of the donor, their employees, agents or servants.
Term and Renewal:
- The agreement is for a ten (10) year term, commencing on the date the fixture is installed by the City of Whitehorse and is subject to renewal in compliance with this Agreement;
- The Donor will be given the option to renew this Agreement. The renewal will require an additional payment. If the Donor chooses not to renew, the City will return the plaque to the Donor in its existing condition. The Donor will need to advise the City of Whitehorse in writing prior to the expiration date of Agreement if they choose to renew. It is the responsibility of the donor to update their contact information with the City of Whitehorse.