What we did
The ‘Vulnerable People at Risk Forum’ was a full day, public event held on April 24, 2015. Nearly 300 people attended. A series of speakers and interactive session were help to crowdsource perspectives on the following questions.
- What locations in Whitehorse attract vulnerable people? Why and how can we improve safety for them, other citizens, and visitors?
- What municipal, territorial, and first nation government programs are in place to help vulnerable people? Are they useful? Why or why not? How can we do this better?
- What is being done in Whitehorse to help vulnerable people? Who is doing this work?
- What new ideas can be implemented to improve the lives of vulnerable people? Who would implement the idea, and what resources are required?
- What does helping vulnerable people in Whitehorse look like?