Seeking Committee Members
The Housing and Land Development Advisory Committee will make recommendations to City Council on how to address issues of housing shortage and affordability by considering land supply, land development, and permitting processes. Please refer to the Terms of Reference for information on the mandate and scope of the Committee.
- Advisory Committee Bylaw with Committee Terms of Reference
Whitehorse residents with relevant experience and knowledge are invited to apply by May 23, 4:30 p.m. For more information on the committee or being a member, please contact [email protected].
The Inclusivity Advisory Committee will make recommendations to Whitehorse City Council on issues related to inclusivity, diversity, and accessibility within the City of Whitehorse. The mandate of the committee is:
- Identify opportunities to increase inclusivity through City bylaws, policies and programs, including to make recommendations to Council on the use of gender neutral and non-discriminatory language;
- Advise Council on the implementation of the Coalition of Inclusive Municipalities toolkits and resources;
- On select topics, hear and respond to delegations of representatives from community and cultural groups, Non-governmental organizations (NGO’s) and individuals;
- Provide recommendations on how to improve engagement with community stakeholders; and
- Examine other inclusivity issues that Council may refer to the Committee for consideration.
For more information, please refer to the Terms of Reference for information on the mandate and scope of the Committee. The deadline to apply is Tuesday, May 23 at 4:30 p.m.