Recreation Grant Application
Background – Under the Recreation Grant Policy, the City of Whitehorse provides funding assistance to community groups and organizations for recreational purposes. Projects focused on building a healthy community which use recreation as a vehicle to attain positive outcomes for the community may also be funded through this program.
Purpose – The City of Whitehorse offers financial assistance to encourage volunteer community groups and organizations to further improve and develop recreation opportunities for Whitehorse citizens.
Eligibility – Preference is given to projects that include ALL of the following:
- The project benefits the community;
- The applicant must be a Whitehorse group or organization, or a Yukon Association where the membership and project are Whitehorse-based; and
- The project takes place within the City of Whitehorse.
For a complete list of eligible projects, please refer to the Recreation Grant Policy. Please review the guiding principles outlined in the Parks and Recreation Master Plan to see if your project aligns with them.
Applications will be accepted two times per year.
- March 15 – funding available by May 31
- September 15 – funding available by November 31
The Recreation Grant Policy has four funding categories. Applicant organizations may only submit applications for up to two categories per year (12 months).
For this application to be considered, the following must be completed:
- Grant Application;
- Financial Statements – approved annual financial statements signed by the Board Chair and Treasurer (or auditor) for the organization’s previous fiscal year, including revenue and expense statement, and balance sheet;
- Annual Operating Budget – the applicant’s annual operating budget for the current fiscal year must be attached;
- For programs requiring matching funds (major equipment), the source of matching funds must be specified;
- For organizations that are affiliated with a governing body, the application must be endorsed by the governing body; and
- For organization’s that are not affiliated with a governing body, the application must be endorsed by the membership as defined in the constitution and/or bylaws. A copy of the motion endorsing the submission of the application must be included.
Personal Information is collected under the authority of the Public Lottery Regulations and will be used only for the purpose of administering the Recreation Grant and Community Lottery Program. For further information, contact:
- Program Supervisor, Recreation Services, City of Whitehorse, 867-687-3492; and/or
- General Manager, Lotteries Yukon, 101-205 Hawkins Street, Whitehorse, YT Y1A 1X3 or 867-633-7899, toll free within Yukon 1-800-661-0555, extension 7899.
The City of Whitehorse is pleased to acknowledge the contribution of Lotteries Yukon for funding support for the Recreation Grant Program.
It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that the submitted application is in the hands of the department regardless of the submission method chosen. To confirm receipt, please email [email protected]. Please ensure that you have read the Grant Application Guide prior to completing and submitting your application.