Unpaid 2020 utility accounts will be transferred to property taxes in March after the current billing date (March 1, 2021). Amounts over $180 (metered/commercial) and $300 (flat/residential) will be transferred.
Property Taxes are due July 2, 2021.
City Hall Hours 8:30 am to 4:30 pm.
Please pay attention to the new signage and floor decals as we continue to do our part to protect visitors and staff during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Mail: Send cheques to 2121 2nd Avenue, Whitehorse, YT, Y1A 1C2
- Drop Box: Place cheques in the Drop Box at the City Hall entrance on 2nd Avenue.
- In person: Front counter service open from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm.
- Telephone/Internet Banking: Please contact your financial institution to see if they offer telephone or internet banking services.
Make cheques payable to the City of Whitehorse.
Do not put cash in the mail or Drop Box.
Credit cards are not accepted for Property Tax payments.
Property taxes are based on a formula that uses the assessed value provided by the Government of Yukon and mill rates established by the City of Whitehorse: Assessment x Mill Rate = Tax Levy
Please note Property Taxes cannot be paid with a Credit Card.
As per Bylaw 99-44 and the territorial Senior Property Tax Deferment Act, eligible seniors may enter into an agreement with the City to defer payment of their property taxes on eligible properties. The maximum seniors are eligible to defer is 75% of their property’s assessed value or 50% in the case of mobile homes. Eligible seniors must have sufficient property insurance.
Before you submit your application, please ensure that:
- both pages of the application are signed;
- a copy of your home insurance policy is included; and
- a copy of your title is included.
Home insurance needs to be updated annually for us to confirm you have a valid, active policy. If you are unsure of your property's legal description and/or roll number, then our team will fill that in for you. We can also get a copy of your title if you are unable to include it.
For information on the Senior Property Tax Deferral Program click here.
For questions regarding Taxes please call Accounts Receivable at 668-8608 or email email@example.com
Click here for more information from Yukon Government.
Did you know? If your mortgage holder is using the Home Owners Grant towards your payment, the deadline to hand in the HOG application form is June 10, 2021.
The HOG application form is available online for those who pay taxes directly to the City.
Attention! If your taxes are being paid via pre-authorized payments, you must apply for your HOG manually using this form.
The City of Whitehorse offers a fast and convenient way to receive your utility & tax bill. With our E-Billing system (Esend) you can have your bills sent directly to your email account.
- It is an environmentally friendly option
- It avoids delivery delays
- It is more convenient
How to Enroll
Complete and sign the enrolment/authorization form below. Make sure you fill in all your information correctly including email.
|Accounts Receivable, City of Whitehorse
2121 2nd Avenue
Whitehorse YT Y1A 1C2
|City Hall,21212nd Avenue
Monday to Friday, 8:30 am to 4:30 pm
For questions regarding Esend please call Accounts Receivable at 667-6401 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cash, Cheque, Debit
- Credit Card (Visa or MasterCard) - except Property Taxes
- Online Banking through your bank
- For Utilities: search using Whitehorse Utilities or City of Whitehorse Utilities
- For Property Taxes: search using Whitehorse Taxes or City of Whitehorse Taxes
- Online Payment for Utilities and Other Invoices
- Pre-authorized Payment