Did you lose your tax notice? To request a reprint of your notice, please email your information along with a copy of your photo ID to email@example.com. Please note there is a fee ($1.05) for reprinting documents pertaining to taxes and utilities, as per the Fees and Charges By-law.
2022 Property Tax Notices have been mailed out – please wait until May 20 before calling for reprints/copies. Skip the line at City Hall by remitting your payment through online banking and completing your Home Owners Grant application online!
If your mortgage company remits your property taxes on your behalf, please submit the homeowners grant application by Friday, June 10, so your mortgage company can remit your taxes, less your grant amount.
Property Taxes are due July 2, 2022. Unpaid balances after July 2 will be subject to a 10% penalty.
Credit cards cannot be accepted for property tax payments.
Unpaid 2021 utility accounts will be transferred to property taxes in March 2022 after the current billing due date. Amounts over $180.00 (Metered/Commercial) and $300.00 (Flat/Residential) will be transferred.
City Hall is open from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Mail: Send cheques to 2121 Second Avenue, Whitehorse, YT, Y1A 1C2
- Drop Box: Place cheques in the blue Drop Box at the City Hall entrance on Second Avenue.
- In person: Front counter service open from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm. Cash, cheques and debit cards are accepted.
- Telephone/Internet Banking: Please contact your financial institution to see if they offer telephone or internet banking services. For internet banking, the payee is City of Whitehorse TAXES and the account number is your roll number. We do not accept e-transfers.
Make cheques payable to the City of Whitehorse.
Do not put cash in the mail or Drop Box.
Credit cards are not accepted for Property Tax payments.
Property taxes are based on a formula that uses the assessed value provided by the Government of Yukon and mill rates established by the City of Whitehorse: Assessment x Mill Rate = Tax Levy
Please note Property Taxes cannot be paid with a Credit Card.
Click here for more information from Yukon Government.
Did you know? If your mortgage holder is using the Home Owners Grant towards your payment, the deadline to hand in the HOG application form is June 10, 2022.
The HOG application form is available online for those who pay taxes directly to the City.
Attention! If your taxes are being paid via pre-authorized payments, you must apply for your HOG manually using this form.
The City of Whitehorse offers a fast and convenient way to receive your utility & tax bill. With our E-Billing system (Esend) you can have your bills sent directly to your email account.
- It is an environmentally friendly option
- It avoids delivery delays
- It is more convenient
How to Enroll
Complete and sign the enrolment/authorization form below. Make sure you fill in all your information correctly including email.
|Accounts Receivable, City of Whitehorse
2121 2nd Avenue
Whitehorse YT Y1A 1C2
|City Hall,21212nd Avenue
Monday to Friday, 8:30 am to 4:30 pm
For questions regarding Esend please call Accounts Receivable at 667-6401 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cash, Cheque, Debit
- Credit Card (Visa or MasterCard) - except Property Taxes
- Online Banking through your bank
- For Utilities: search using Whitehorse Utility or City of Whitehorse Utility
- For Property Taxes: search using Whitehorse Tax or City of Whitehorse Tax
- We do not accept e-transfers
- Online Payment for Utilities and Other Invoices
- Pre-authorized Payment