Why sign up for Tax Pre-authorized Payments?
- You split your annual tax levy over 12 months from January to December;
- Taxes automatically come out of your bank account;
- You won’t get charged the 10% penalty or monthly interest for late taxes;
- If you are eligible for the Home Owner Grant (scroll down for HOG details) you can still apply at City Hall and receive the Home Owner Grant from Government of Yukon;
- We will send notifications in January of each year to let you know what your estimated tax levy is and what your monthly payments are.
- Please use this form for Pre-authorized Payments for Property Taxes
Did you know?
Property taxes are based on a formula that uses the assessed value provided by the Government of Yukon and mill rates established by the City of Whitehorse: Assessment x Mill Rate = Tax Levy
Please note Property Taxes cannot be paid with a Credit Card.
New for 2019! You can sign up for Esend to receive your property tax bill.
What is Esend?
The City of Whitehorse offers a fast and convenient way to receive your utility & tax bill. With our E-Billing system (Esend) you can have your bills sent directly to your email account.
- It is an environmentally friendly option
- It avoids delivery delays
- It is more convenient
How to Enroll
Complete and sign the enrolment/authorization form below. Make sure you fill in all your information correctly including email.
| Accounts Receivable, City of Whitehorse
2121 2nd Avenue
Whitehorse YT Y1A 1C2
| City Hall, 2121 2nd Avenue
Monday to Friday, 8:30 am to 4:30 pm
For questions regarding Esend please call Accounts Receivable at 667-6401 or email email@example.com
What is the Senior Property Tax Deferral Program?
As per Bylaw 99-44 and the territorial Senior Property Tax Deferment Act, eligible seniors may enter into an agreement with the City to defer payment of their property taxes on eligible properties. The maximum seniors are eligible to defer is 75% of their property’s assessed value or 50% in case of mobile homes. Eligible seniors must have sufficient property insurance.
For information on the Senior Property Tax Deferral Program click here.
For questions regarding Taxes please call Accounts Receivable at 668-8608 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
What is the Yukon Government Home Owner's Grant?
Click here for more information from Yukon Government.
Did you know? If your mortgage holder is using the Home Owner Grant towards your payment, the deadline to hand in the HOG application form is June 7, 2019.
New for 2019! The HOG application form is available online for those who pay taxes directly to the City.
Attention! If your taxes are being paid via pre authorized payments or through your mortgage holder you must apply for your HOG manually using this form.
Reminder - different ways to pay your City of Whitehorse bills
- Cash, Cheque, Debit
- Credit Card (Visa or MasterCard) - except Property Taxes
- Online Banking through your bank
- For Utilities: search using Whitehorse Utility or City of Whitehorse Utility
- For Property Taxes: search using Whitehorse Taxes or City of Whitehorse Taxes
- Online Payment for Utilities and Other Invoices
- Pre-authorized Payment