Free at Home Virtual Kids' Triathlon
June 14-24, 2020
Join us this summer as the Canada Game Centre hosts for the first time ever a virtual kids tri. To help parents, CGC will provide an easy to follow matrix for parent to host there child's triathlon at home. Make sure to register and get your special triathlon kit.
Click on each image to access our triathlete pages with helpful tips on how run your at-home triathlon.
AGES 5 YEARS
Movement: 5 Movement Exercises
AGES 6-7 YEARS
Movement: 6 Movement Exercises
AGES 8-10 YEARS
Movement: 8 Movement Exercises
AGES 11-14 YEARS
Movement: 11 Movement Exercises
How it Register:
Email KidsTri@Whitehorse.ca to register. Include the names and ages of your participant(s).
Space is limited to 150 participants.
Package & pick-up Time:
- Finishers Medal
- City of Whitehorse Buff
- Finishers Certification with Stickers to track progress
Pick up times will be between June 8 – 12 at the Canada Games Centre parking lot. Participants will receive an email 1 week prior to with pick up time.
- Triathletes have 10 days to complete all three activities in their age category. This can be done in just one day or spread out over multiple days. Remember to take photos of your triathlete!
- Track your progress using the stickers and finisher certificate provided.
- To help us celebrate, upon completion, submit one picture of your triathlete to the City of Whitehorse by email KidsTri@Whitehorse.ca This photo can be an action shot or a finishers photo.
- Photos will be used in a public collage or video *
*Optional and not required
- Triathletes are encouraged to wear swim googles and/or swim cap to perform the movement exercises. (this is not mandatory but just a fun recommendation)
- Similar to our traditional kids’ triathlon we will not be keeping track of time for the event. If you would like to for your child’s own personal challenge, please feel free to do so.
- We encourage parents to participant with their children in the activities.
Terms & Conditions:
By registering for the Virtual Kids Triathlon, you are giving the City of Whitehorse permission to use submitted imagery across social media, email or our website. If parents wish not to share photos, please clearly state this in an email to KidsTri@Whitehorse.ca.